Air Quality in Classrooms
Along with our current HVAC systems and opened doors and windows, the Miller Creek School District has invested in two types of technology to improve air quality.
HEPA Air Purifiers
Each classroom has (expected the week of 11/9) a medical-grade Alen HEPA air purifier. The purifier circulates 1,300 square feet, 4 times per hour and filters particles down to 0.1 microns or 99.99% of particles. They are quiet for classroom use and have a clean air delivery rate of 347.
Needle-Point Bipolar Ionizers
Each classroom has the Needle-Point Bipolar Ionization units installed in their HVAC systems. This patented technology works by using an electronic charge to create a plasma field filled with a high concentration of + and - ions and releasing them into the airstream. As these ions travel with the air stream they attach to airborne particles, pathogens and gas molecules- like dust, smoke, VOCs, allergens and other air pollutants. The ions produced travel within the air stream into the occupied spaces, cleaning the air everywhere the ions travel, even in spaces unseen. Charged particles are drawn together, forming clusters and the ions kill the pathogens by robbing them of life-sustaining hydrogen. They become heavy enough to drop out of the air.
- Air Quality in Classrooms
- Board Meeting Agendas (opens in new window)
- Board Meeting Calendar
- Celebrating Students
- Cleaning, Sanitizing, & Disinfecting
- Community Resources
- Creating Safe Schools
- Development Impact Committee
- District Boundaries Map (opens in new window)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Enrollment/Online Registration
- Health & Hygiene
- Health & Safety
- LCFF / LCAP
- Parent Portal (opens in new window)
- ParentSquare: District and School Communications
- Policies, Forms & Applications
- Positive COVID Cases
- Safety Instructional Videos
- School Meals Program
- Student Calendar
- Transportation & Bus Pass
- Transitional Kindergarten
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.