ParentSquare: District and School Communications
Starting this summer, all schools in the Miller Creek School District will use a new parent/guardian engagement tool to connect with families. Our district’s goal is to inform parents and guardians of safety alerts, school events, and general school information in a consistent and timely way.
ParentSquare has replaced SchoolMessenger and will allow the District and schools to do everything from sending out alerts by text and phone to sharing email messages with families.
- Parents/guardians will automatically be added to this communication system with the contact information provided at registration.
- An account is automatically generated for each parent/guardian, using contact information in Aeries.
- Emergency alerts will always be sent by text or phone call.
- General announcements will also be sent via this new system to your email address provided at registration. Emails may be viewed in your email inbox or in the ParentSquare app, once you have activated your account.
ParentSquare has two very useful options:
- Parents can choose to receive information instantly when it's sent out, or all at once in one message at 6 PM daily.
- Parents can choose a preferred language for communication.
School websites and email news will continue to provide general school news and announcements.
We encourage families to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Parents/guardians will soon receive an invitation email or text to join ParentSquare. Please click the link to activate your account. It takes less than a minute. You can use ParentSquare on any device. You can use it from a computer at: www.parentsquare.com or you have the option to download the free mobile app for Android or iOS on your phone.
Note: Parents/guardians do not need to activate their ParentSquare account in order to receive district and school messages.
We are excited to offer this new communications tool to keep our families engaged and informed as we begin the 2022-23 school year.
Additional Parent & Guardian Training Resources:
Watch a quick video or complete a parent training module to get started using ParentSquare today.
The videos and training module below are designed to help you tour ParentSquare and set your notification preferences.
- Parent Self-Paced Training Module - designed to take 15 minutes and covers the things you need to know about using using ParentSquare as a parent or guardian.
- Prerecorded Webinar: Parent Training - a replay of a webinar (about 20 minutes) - an introduction to ParentSquare from a parent/guardian's perspective.
- Air Quality in Classrooms
- Board Meeting Agendas (opens in new window)
- Board Meeting Calendar
- Celebrating Students
- Cleaning, Sanitizing, & Disinfecting
- Community Resources
- Creating Safe Schools
- Development Impact Committee
- District Boundaries Map (opens in new window)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Enrollment/Online Registration
- Health & Hygiene
- Health & Safety
- LCFF / LCAP
- Parent Portal (opens in new window)
- ParentSquare: District and School Communications
- Policies, Forms & Applications
- Positive COVID Cases
- Safety Instructional Videos
- School Meals Program
- Student Calendar
- Transportation & Bus Pass
- Transitional Kindergarten
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.