NOW OPEN FOR THE 2023/24 SCHOOL YEAR
Miller Creek School District will be accepting online registrations for the 2023-2024 school year starting January 18, 2023.
Before registering your new student, please confirm that your home address is within the Miller Creek School District boundaries and the home school for your neighborhood by reviewing the Miller Creek School District Boundaries Street Grid.
Important: You can begin the online registration process as soon as you are physically living full-time in the Miller Creek School District. Simply owning property or holding a lease does not qualify as residency.
*At this time the location of the TK program will be determined by the number of enrollments at each site.
- Transitional Kindergarten enrollment will be open to students who will be five years old between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024.
- Kindergarten enrollment will be open to students who will be five years old on/or before September 1st.
- First grade enrollment will be open to students who will be six years oldon/before September 1st.
To start the registration process, please download, fill out and save the forms applicable to your child's grade level for their home school. The forms are fillable PDF’s.
After completing the packet and saving it on your computer, you can attach it to an email and send it using the link provided for your home school. You also have the option of printing the forms and mailing them to the school. If you need a packet provided to you please email or call the school office.
There is some required documentation that you will need to gather and provide during the enrollment process, including, for example, proof of residency, proof of immunizations, a passport or birth certificate verifying date of birth.
- Student Registration Card - required for Grades TK-8th.
- Transition to Kindergarten - Child Snapshot - required for Grade K; To be completed by student's preschool teacher.
- New Parent Questionnaire - required for Grades TK-5th.
- Placement Card - required for Grades TK-5th.
- Elective Selection Form - required for Grades 6th-8th.
- Home Language Survey - required for Grades TK-8th.
- CUM Request Form - required for Grades 1st-8th; This form will be sent to your student’s previous school to request the cum folder. Please be sure to complete previous school’s address.
- Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form - required for Grades TK-1st; The state of California requires that all students must have an oral health assessment (dental exam) completed by May 31st in either the student's first year in public school or completed within the 12 months prior to entering the school year. Form to be completed by parent/guardian and dentist.
- Immunizations Form - required for Grades TK-8th; For Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten students, the state of California requires that all students have current immunizations including the 5 year boosters to enter school. For 1st to 8th grade students, although a current copy of immunization will probably be sent with your child’s cum folder, we still must have a copy of current immunizations before the first day of school. Required to enter 7th grade: Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis booster (Tdap).
- Health Examination - required for Grades TK-1st; A completed Health Examination Report of physical exam done no earlier than 18 months before entering 1st grade - after March 1, 2023 for children entering TK and Kindergarten for the 2023/24 school year. Form to be completed by parent/guardian and doctor.
*IMPORTANT: Please have completed Health Exam Report and Immunization records to your child’s school by June 1, 2023.
- Health Appraisal - required for Grades TK-8th.
- Address Verification/Fraudulent Enrollment Form - required for Grades TK-8th; Along with this form, you must provide four documents that prove your residency in the Miller Creek School District.
- Birth Certificate or Passport - required for Grades TK-8th; The certified birth certificate has a seal or embossed area that you can feel and is a government issued document.
Please have registration documents turned in by March 1, 2023 and health exam and immunization records turned in by June 1, 2023.
Lucas Valley Elementary School
1175 Idylberry Road, San Rafael CA 94903 * Phone: (415) 492-3730 * Fax: (415) 3736
Mary E Silveira Elementary School
375 Blackstone Drive, San Rafael CA 94903 * Phone: (415) 492-3741 * Fax: (415) 507-9783
Vallecito Elementary School
50 Nova Albion Way, San Rafael CA 94903 * Phone: (415) 492-3750 * Fax: (415) 492-3757
Miller Creek Middle School
2255 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael CA 94903 * Phone: (415) 492-3760 * Fax: (415) 492-3765
Where Education Begins...
When a child enters school in the Miller Creek School District, he or she embarks on an inspiring educational adventure. Miller Creek District's program provides a wealth of multi-sensory, hands-on experiences, and establishes the foundation needed to develop intellectual competencies and self-esteem. Miller Creek District administrators and staff are pleased to be a part of your child's education, and we welcome your family to our district.
Registration during the current school year...
New families moving into the Miller Creek School District during the current school year may register their children by downloading the registration packet for their home school and emailing it to their school's secretary.
Miller Creek District Elementary Schools offer an extended day Kindergarten program that begins at 8:19 a.m. and concludes at 1:25 p.m. daily.
Can my child attend a school other than our neighborhood school?
Parents may apply for an intra-district transfer to enroll a child in a Miller Creek School District school other than the family’s neighborhood school. Intra-district transfer request forms are available for pick-up at the Miller Creek School District Office or download it from the menu on the left. Intra-district transfers are granted on a space-available basis.
When can I meet my child's teacher?
The district offers an opportunity for parents to visit classrooms on a day prior to the beginning of each new school year.
What are some things parents can do to help their TK/Kindergarten student?
Read aloud daily to your child. Let your child see that you enjoy reading. Notify your child's teacher of problems at home that may cause emotional stress for your child (e.g., divorce, loss of a pet, death in family, etc.)
Who can I call if I have more questions?
You are welcome to call your neighborhood school or the Miller Creek School District Office at (415) 492-3700.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.