The Miller Creek School District Regular Board Meeting Agenda for April 4, 2023 has been posted here.
The agenda for the meeting includes:
At the beginning of the meeting, the Board will recognize and celebrate our 2023 Golden Bell Honorees. Created in 1982, the Golden Bell Awards celebrate public education in Marin County by bringing the education community together to recognize certificated teachers and classified and confidential staff. The Miller Creek School District is proud to acknowledge our 2023 Golden Bell Honorees:
Mary Krause, Lisa Hooper, Megan Liebman, Hildie Sims, Molly Nugent and Carlos Pedraza.
The awards ceremony later this spring will be sponsored by San Rafael Elks Lodge #1108, Marin County School Boards Association, Marin Association of Superintendents, Marin County Office of Education and Marin School Districts. Congratulations to our honorees.
Trustees will hear a presentation from Lisa Klein and Riya Aghi from Marin Healthy Youth Partnerships about the Raising the Bar program. The program was first developed in 2017 in collaboration with Marin Prevention Network when county health data showed that Marin’s drinking rate was found higher than 90% of the State’s 58 counties. Raising the Bar’s goal is to influence a shift in the social norms around adult alcohol consumption and substances use at youth events by encouraging adults to model enjoyment, entertainment and delight in alcohol- and substance-free environments. A number of schools and districts in Marin are participating in this program.
- CanDo! Foundation Executive Director Jodi Chaban will provide a report on the CanDo! Events and fundraising in the 2022-23 school year. For nearly two decades, Can Do!'s mission has been to raise funds to provide enrichment programs for the Miller Creek School District. CanDo! contributions have supported the success of our schools for many years and the impact of their legacy of enrichment opportunities offered to thousands of students over the years is immeasurable.
- The Board will consider approval of the plan for Extended School Year services for students designated to receive summer special education services.
- Chief Business Official, Marie Henrio, will provide an update on district funds, other than the general fund, including funds for the cafeteria/food service program, capital improvements and bond funds.
- Trustees will review the first reading of revisions or additions to Board Policies, Administrative Regulations or Board By-Laws with regard to conflict of interest, electronic signatures, food service operations and transportation program fees.
Also on this agenda, trustees will consider routine personnel actions related to leave requests, temporary hiring, shared contract assignments and new hires.
Members of the public may participate in this meeting via Zoom at the links below:
Public Comments only on Closed Session Items @ 5:15 pm. Public comments are limited to 30 minutes.
Public comments are limited to 30 minutes for items on the agenda and 30 minutes for items not on the agenda.
Reminder: The agenda is now posted on the Simbli platform. To access the agendas, use the link and look to the upper right-hand corner and click on Meetings and then click again on Meetings Listing for the meeting date you select. This platform is also accessible using the QR code shown on the posted agenda.
Members of the public may participate in the meeting during the public comment items noted on the agenda and may address the Board on items on both the closed session and open session portions of the meeting as identified on the agenda.
- In-Person: During public comment, priority will be given to individuals attending the meeting in person. If time allows, the Board President will invite comments from Zoom participants. Zoom participants will use the raised hand feature to indicate their interest in making comments.
- Via email: You can submit comments via email to email@example.com. Written comments submitted to the Board will not be read aloud in public. Public comments received by 3 PM on the day before the date of a Regular Board meeting will be sent to all Trustees in advance of the meeting. Public comments received after 3 PM the day prior to the meeting will be shared with Trustees after the meeting but will not be considered in connection with discussions and decision-making.
- Via telephone participation or ZOOM WEBINAR: When the Board President opens public comment for either item on or not on the agenda, attendees may alert staff that they wish to make comment. By telephone- select *9 (star 9) to “raise your hand." By Webinar- use the "raise hand" feature. Attendees will be unmuted only when it is time for their comments. Please note that while the board welcomes public comment on items not on the agenda, they will not answer questions or respond to comments.
For more information please visit the Board Meeting webpage or contact us at the Miller Creek District Office at 415-492-3706.
Have a great weekend,
Becky Rosales | Superintendent
Kristy Treewater | Deputy Superintendent