Fountas and Pinnell Assessments
What is it?
Teachers’ most reliable resource to accurately and reliably identify each child’s instructional and independent reading levels according to the F&P Text Level Gradient™, A–Z and document their progress through one-on-one formative and summative assessments. The Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment Systemsprovide teachers with precise tools and texts to observe and quantify specific reading behaviors, and then interpret and use that data to plan meaningful instruction.
During the 2020-2021 school year, LVE teachers in grades K-2 and a variety of instructional support staff were provided training. In the Spring of 2021, all students in grades K-2 were assessed so that in the fall, we will have a better understanding of where our students strengths and gaps are, thereby allowing us to hit the ground running.
Who is it for?
Identify each student’s reading level during this one-on-one, student-teacher assessment conference.
Each assessment enables teachers to:
- Determine students’ instructional and independent reading levels
- Recommend a placement level for instruction
- Form initial groups for reading instruction
- Plan for efficient and effective instruction
- Identify students who need intervention and extra help
- Monitor and report student progress across a school year and grade levels
- Assess the outcomes of teaching
- Inform parent conferences.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.