Lucas Valley School students are expected to BE SAFE
- Keep hands and feet to yourself.
- Walk bikes and scooters on school ground.
- Always walk on campus
- Follow directions of all school staff and volunteers.
- Never go into the classrooms without the teacher.
- Always play where the yard supervisor can see you.
- Students should not play in the buildings or bathrooms during recess.
- No “play” fighting.
- No playing in bathrooms.
- Leave all toys at home.
- Do not bring guns, play guns, knives, play knives or other dangerous objects to school.
- Students need permission from their teacher to bring playground equipment from home.
- Students may not leave school grounds without permission.
- When a recess bell rings you must FREEZE and wait until yard supervisors release you (whistle sound) to WALK back to class.
Lucas Valley School students are expected to BE RESPECTFUL to themselves and to each other
- Treat others like you want to be treated.
- Use Lucas Valley School LifeSkills at all times.
- Be respectful and polite to all adults and students.
- Encourage and support your peers.
- No locking students out of games and no secret clubs.
- Use proper language. NO SWEARING or inappropriate language.
- No put-downs, bullying, or harassment of any kind.
Lucas Valley School students are expected to BE RESPONSIBLE
- Be to class on time.
- Play group games using our official Lucas Valley School playground rules.
- Use conflict resolution strategies to solve problems.
- Respect school and personal properties of others.
- Take care of your own personal property (clothing and lunch box labeled).
- Tell a teacher or other staff member of any disrespectful behavior, bullying or harassment.
- Help keep the school clean by picking up trash.
- No gum chewing at school.
- Use appropriate lunch time behavior:
- Eat lunch politely, seated at the blue tables or on the concrete planter boxes in the designated lunch area.
- Place food wrappers and other trash in the garbage cans.
- Raise hand to be excused when you are finished eating.
- Place (not throw) lunch box near classrooms.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.