Room Parents 2022-2023
Room Parent Materials
The primary role of a room parent is to provide support and assistance to the teacher. The room parent(s) should talk with the teacher about how he/she would like to work with room parents, parent volunteers, and other classroom help. Every teacher's needs are different! Then, using that information, the room parent(s) can develop a plan for the year that directly addresses the teacher’s unique needs and preferences.
As a team, the room parent(s) are responsible for, but not limited to:
- Facilitating classroom parties (planning, communicating with parents, running the events, cleaning-up)
- Coordinating classroom volunteers (creating sign-ups, coordinating the class loop duty, helping facilitate a schedule, communicating the schedule to parents, confirming volunteers before their shifts to ensure full participation)
- Organizing drivers for field trips (overseeing sign-ups, confirming volunteers, checking with parents and the office to be sure all district-required 'Driver Information Sheets' are on-file for drivers before the events)
- Planning, communicating, and acting on teacher appreciation activities (birthday, teacher appreciation week, end of year gift)
- Helping to ensure clear, timely communication between the teacher and parents regarding activities, events, and needs in the classroom
- Assisting with classroom-related administrative tasks, such coordinating student book orders and/or helping with special projects
- Responding to and/or organizing assistance for ad hoc requests (e.g., classroom clean-up days, requests for supplies, etc.)
Please note: Specific responsibilities may vary by teacher.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.